One of our favorite web personalities is Jerry Wills. If you do a search and learn about him, you will discover an incredible gentleman, who has been blessed with the gift of healing. We have viewed several interviews by him and have been fascinated by his life, talents and experiences in business. He declared in a recent interview, "If you are happy, your health will be better!"
I have thought recently often about that declaration by him. I am truly happy today. But, I have not always been happy due to my war wounding, which required amputation of both legs below the knees, hospitalization for Post Traumatic Stress twice, divorce, kidney decease and cancer in remission and various and sundry spiritual challenges as I have matured in my Chritian faith.
It is my belief after 84 years of "living" that several hurdles must be addressed by us and jumped over with knowledge, commitment and determination to be able to achieve "Happiness." They are recognition of Sin in our lives, the need for Repentance and acceptance of God's Forgiveness. There is a requirement that we Forgive all others of all Hurts, Antagonisms and Anger directed to us and impacting each of us. At the end of this writing I will suggest some behavioral issues and attitudes that will assist us to be Happy. Recognition and demonstration of these truths in our attitudes and actions should add to our "Happiness." If we are Happy or Happier in our life, perhaps the peace achieved in our soul, spirit and bodily parts will be demonstrated in improvement and Healing of our various and sundry pains, hurts and diseases troubling us.
If you do not believe in God and Jesus, whom God sent to reflect in his earthly existence and example for 33 years as a real human on earth, then, what I am writing about the Supernatural will not be real to you. Perhaps, you might pull up my Blog number 213 to discover what it would take for you to accept the greatest gift you have ever received, far exceeding all your favorite Christmas or birthday gifts.
If you believe you definitely need and could achieve more "Happiness," less chaos, less discord and better health then keep going. If not, go ahead, close this message and go back to reading novels, watching mindless videos and getting current on the cultural/secular reports in the news and Youtube.
A friend of mine Robert McAnally Adams has written The Authentic BOOK OF CHRISTIAN QUOTATIONS. Published in 2006 by Authentic Media/World Vision.His book is a veritable treasure of over 1000 Quotations. For each one he has sourced them extensively. Please forgive me if I shorten my following scripture references et al by omitting some of his original sourcing of his work.
Sin:
"Sin is nothing else than that the creature willeth otherwise than God willeth and contrary to him." Theologia Germanica [1518].
"...it is inspiring to consider an Almightiness that transforms the works of evil into the hand-maidens of righteousness and converts the sinner into the saint." Charles H. Brent, With God in the World [1899]
"It is characteristic of the thinking of our time that the problem of guilt and forgiveness has been pushed into the background and seems to disappear more and more....There are, even today, a great many people who understand that man needs salvation, but there are very few who are convinced that he needs forgiveness and redemption ...Sin is understood as imperfection, sensuality, worldliness ---but not as guilt." Emil Brunner, The Word and the World [1931]
"God does not change; it is man's moral state that changes. The wrath of God is a figure of speech to denote God's unchanging opposition to sin." R.J. Campbell, The Call of Christ [1932]
The most destructive sin "The peculiarity of ill temper is that it is the vice of the virtuous. It is often the one blot on an otherwise noble character. You know men who are all but perfect , and women who would be entirely perfect, but for an easily ruffled , quick-tempered, or 'touchy' disposition....For embittering life, for breaking up communities, for destroying the most sacred relationships, for devastating homes, for withering up men and women, for taking the bloom off of childhood---in short, for sheer, gratuitous misery-producing power-this influence stands alone." Henry Dummond, "The Greatest Thing in the World" [1892]
Offenses "It is the best sorrow in a Christian soul when his sins are loathsome and offensive unto him-a happy token that there hath not been of late in him any insensible supply of heinous offenses, because his stale sins are still his new and daily sorrow." Thomas Fuller, Good Thoughts in Bad Times [1898]
Cleanse me from my sin. Psalms 51:2
Confession: Be not ashamed to confess thy sins. Ecclesiasticus 4:26
I am come not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13
Whosoever committeth sin: is the servant of sin. John 8:34
Clark: "I confess my sins of thought, word and deed, known and unknown in the Name of Jesus and I ask forgiveness. I know that you are faithful and just to forgive me my sins. I know that if I do not forgive others, that I will not be forgiven.
HOW SHOULD WE THEN LIVE?
Clark: I bind myself to the control by the Holy Spirit and reflect the fruit of the Holy Spirit love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, kindness, faithfulness and self-control. I add graciousness!
MEDITATE AND PRAY ON THE ABOVE AND PERHAPS YOUR HAPPINESS WILL BE INCREASED AND THEREFORE BETTER PHYSICAL, SPIRITUAL AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH WILL BE ENHANCED!
No comments:
Post a Comment