Saturday, December 20, 2014

Avalon Chronicles #41: "My Tribe of Christians"

Avalon Chronicles #41: "My Tribe of Christians"

by Allen B. Clark                 allenbclark@aol.com
www.combatfaith.com         www.combatfaith.blogspot.com

     Upon my awakening this morning I began my meditation and prayers with the "really big picture." I pictured God, my Father, as the Creator of all. I pictured the farthest reaches of the universe and all the stars in all the galaxies. I came down and focused on our "ball," planet earth. I began to think of our richness and beauty, all created by God. I thought about the time all the way back to Adam and Eve and the Old Testament lining up the happenings of history with the Hebrews to bring the Savior, God's Son, Jesus, into our world to live here and set an example for life, behavior, love, and forgiveness in the New Testament. He was crucified so we could all have redemption of our sins and be able to follow Jesus and live holy lives.
     I recalled something Linda found in secular history and I relate that from the best-known Jewish historian of Jesus' time:

                                           Josephus Antiquities of the Jews
                                                   by Flavius Josephus
                                                 Chapter III: 3 page 379

             "Now, there was about this time, Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works,  a teacher of such men to receive the truth with pleasure.
He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles.
He was (the) Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us,
had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him,
for he appeared to them alive again the third day,  as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christian, so named from him, are not extinct at this day."

     Our tribe of Christians is definitely still not extinct. It has continued to thrive despite persecutions and the works of the Devil to destroy us corporately and personally. But, we have stayed in the fight,our tribe lives on, continues to multiply, and each of us of this tribe knows our ultimate gift is Heaven itself for eternal life.

       Merry Christmas and may you and all yours be blessed this Advent season.

No comments:

Post a Comment