Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Avalon Chronicle #67: "Focus: Flowers or Weeds?"

Avalon Chronicles #67: "Focus: Flowers or Weeds?"

by Allen Clark                 allenbclark@aol.com
www.combatfaith.com    www.combatfaith.blogspot.com

I do not have the original sources in many cases. They have been collected through the years.

     Next to my bedside table I have a laminated card I read when I arise. The most important sentence on it is, "Do not give nourishment to the bad weeds this day!" Yesterday I thought about focusing on the flowers each day. The most beautiful flower in my life is my wife Linda. I asked her what flower she would choose to be, if she were to be one. Before she answered, "lily," I thought of the lily as being appropriate for her. She asked me how I knew that. I said, "I guess I just know you well." I asked her why she chose a lily? She said because it is graceful, simple, and beautiful. That describes my Linda!
     I have other laminated cards in the books and daily meditations I read each day. I thought I would send to you randomly some of these that have been important enough to me through the years that I would have them laminated and recollect them each day.
     "Before you arise from your bed in the morning, I have already arranged the events of your day."
     Jeremiah 29:13: (KJV) "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord:...""
     "So determine in your heart today to be loyal toward God in every word you speak."
     "Holy Spirit, use me to pray for someone today. I offer you my measure of faith."
     "No prayer is ever lost, or any prayer breathed in vain.There is no such thing as prayer unanswered or unnoticed by God, and some things we see as refusals or denials are simply delays."
Horatio Bonar. Streams in the Desert  Jul 10.
     "The very instant you wholeheartedly turn away from every symptom of discouragement and lack of trust, the blessed Holy Spirit will reawaken your faith and breathe God's divine strength into your soul. Initially you may be unaware that this is happening, but as you determine to uncompromisingly shun every attack of even the tendency toward doubt and depression, you will quickly see the powers of darkness being turned away." Streams in the Desert. April 1.
     Prov 15:1 (KJV) "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."
     Psalm 51:10 (KJV): "Create in me a clean heart, O Go; and renew a right spirit within me."
     Romans 6:12 (NIV):  Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires."
     2 Corinthians 7:1 (KJV) "Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."
     Romans 13:14 (KJV) "But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof." Note: (LASB) Tyndale page 1987: "We also must not give our desires any opportunity to lead us into sin. Avoid those situations that open the door to gratifying sinful desires."
     "This is the distinctive mark of the born-again child of God. He is no longer a slave of sin and Satan. He is a Son of God. As such, he possesses a new authority. He no longer succumbs to temptation or opposition. He meets and overcomes these things by virtue of the new life within him."
Derek Prince.
     "In the Name of Jesus, I commit myself from this day forward to live by my faith, and to live by the love of God. Decide today to give the devil no place."
     

No comments:

Post a Comment