Thursday, April 4, 2024

Avalon Chronicles #138: "Are You Ready to Surrender?"


Prayer of Surrender

If you have ever said, "I am ready to accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior, but, I do not know what to say?," then read on!

Below is the "Prayer of Surrender" distributed by the pastor of my place of worship on Easter 2024.

Jesus, Your sacrifice for me on the cross not only covers the debt of my sin, it reveals the depth of Your love for me. Your resurrection not only testifies to the truth of your promises, it validates your authority as King over all things. You are the King of Kings.

I want and need you as my Savior, but today, I truly understand the gospel. I realize you came to be my Savior and King. I've wanted Your forgiveness for sin, but I haven't truly allowed Your rule to govern my whole life. I'm sorry.

Today, I truly give you my life. Not just as my Savior, but also as my King. I take the crown off my own head and place it at your feet. I bow my knee and surrender my heart to your Lordship.

Take my life. Govern me. Rule me. Change me. Lead me. Let my life reflect all that it means to be a true follower of Jesus the King.

                                     In Jesus Name. Amen

If you prayed this prayer and mean it, you must proclaim it and live it. Speak to others and share it with those you love and desire truly to join you in the family of God. Study your Bible, find a place of worship, where you are comfortable. Believe in the gift of answers to your prayers. Demonstrate and reflect Love for others. Get serious about your faith. There is too much chaos in the world today not to achieve the spiritual peace we need in this turbulent secular world. Vaya Con Dios Go With God! Honor Him and He will honor you. I pray with gratitude for the grace, mercy and love He provides me. 

Allen Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment